Woolbrook Public School

A quality education in a caring environment - Onward Always

Telephone02 6777 5893


School History

The school opened in November 1880 as a result of the influx of people building the Great Northern Railway in the Woolbrook area.  It was originally called Railway Crossing but the name was changed to Maluerindi in 1881.  In the 1900 the village and school were renamed Woolbrook. 

The first principal was George Hogg.  The school's initial enrolment was 100 students. 

The current main building at the school was first occupied in August 1908.  The cost of construction was 144 pounds.  The old building remains on site as the weather shed and workroom. 

(Historical Information comes from Ruth Watson's local history book Woolbrook, Tales Tall and True)

The school has expanded greatly in recent times with the addition of a multi-purpose building, shade shelters, a newly levelled sports field and a new library/classroom building and 2 playgrounds.